Winning Ugly

Having grown up in Chicago, I am a long time victim of Chicago sports. Oh sure, there were a few bright spots (Jordan and the Bulls, Walter Payton and the Bears), but the record of futility may be unmatched.

I have just watched the second world series game in 2005. The Chicago White Sox are now ahead 2 games to 0 and I am cautiously optimisitic that maybe, just maybe, the White Sox might have a chance of winning three world series games before once again breaking my heart. We'll see.


World Series Tickets $185; Cub Fans At Home In October: Priceless


I have been pondering something. In Chicago, you are either a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan. There is no middle ground. I know that most cities with more than one team are this way as well, but I think that Chicago it is a little more polarized than most places. Why is that? If anyone out there has insight on that I would like to hear from you.

In my family, my mother was a diehard Cubs fan. I'm not sure why I became a White Sox fan though. Was there something in the air in 1959 when I was 2 years old and the Go Go Sox went to the series? I think my first Major League ball game was at Comiskey Park. Maybe I was just being contrary. That wouldn't be too surprising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthropogenic Global Warming

Fun With Boat Electronics

Staking My Claim to MicroSnaking