Zachary's Pizza - The Google of the Noble Pie

Zachary's Pizza is an East Bay institution. It was first started in Berkeley in about 1983 by Barbara Gabel and Zach Zachowski. Recently they opened their third store in San Ramon, CA. They have won every Best Pizza in the Bay Area award, and continue to delight.

I grew up in Chicago, so I love the deep dish style with lots of tomatoes. I believe that Zachary's is as good as it gets.

I don't know if they have a motto, but "Do no evil." seems to fit them well. One of their defining legacies is that as Zach and Barbara prepare for retirement, they are putting ownership of the chain into an ESOP trust to provide for their own retirement and and for their employees.

If you are in the San Francisco Bay area, even if you com from Chicago and are used to the great food there, check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthropogenic Global Warming

Fun With Boat Electronics

Staking My Claim to MicroSnaking