Some Miscellaneous SNL stuff

I have always been a big fan of Saturday Night Live. for some reason I thought about a few SNL things recently: Decabet and Gillette Trac 3


For some reason I thought of the Decabet today. The idea being that it's kind of a "metric system" alphabet with only 10 letters It's like this:

(Dan Aykroyd) of the U.S. Council of Standards and Measurements explains the "Decabet" the new metric alphabet consisting of 10 letters. "A-B-C and D, our most popular letters, will remain the same. E and F, however, will be combined and graphically simplified to one character. The groupings G-H-I and L-M-N-O will be condensed to single letters. (Incidentally, a boon to those who always thought that L-M-N-O was one letter anyway.) And finally, the 'trash letters,' or P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y and Z, will be condense" to one "easily identifiable dark character."

So then A B C D EF GHI J K LMNOP QR... I don't know why, but it just strikes me as funny today.

The other thing that I think about was the phony ad for a razor with three blades (Triple Trac--because you'll believe anything). Am I the only one who remembers that? When Gillette first announced their real product, I blew my coffee out my nose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthropogenic Global Warming

Fun With Boat Electronics

Staking My Claim to MicroSnaking